How to get rid of pimples — this is an age-long mystery that many people seek an answer to throughout the ages.
Just admit it, you get panic when you see that there is a pimple in your face. You would do everything you can to remove it and have that shiny and clear skin of yours. You will try various products that you can find online or other ways suggested by your friends. But if you still do not know an effective way to remove your pimples, then you are in luck. This article might shed some light on your predicament.
The first thing that you should know is the main cause of your pimple. There are a lot of ways you can get a pimple. Here are some:
- Medications: There can be some medications that can cause acne or pimples on your skin. This is because some medicines have side effects in your body.
- Family history: Unfortunately, there are some families that have a history of acne. If you notice that some of your family members already have a great amount of acne on their face, there is a possibility that you will have one too.
- Bacteria: Research shows that when your pore is blocked by dead skin cells and sebum, there is a huge chance that bacteria will be able to enter your skin and turn into a pimple.
- Hormone levels: It has been said that when the testosterone levels increase, it can also boost the production of sebum. This will then result in producing pimples on your face.
- Excess oil on your skin: In case your body has too much sebum or facial oil, your dead skin cells will gather and eventually block your pores. When this happens, there is a chance that pimples will appear on your skin.
There are also other ways you can get pimples. Some of these are when you rough scrub your face, trying to pop an existing pimple, and stress.
Now that you are aware of the possible causes of pimples, let us now proceed on the different ways you can treat it. Take note that there are pimples that may be hard to remove. There are even those that are bigger and deeper as compared to others. Lucky for you, there are different remedies that you can even do at home.
- Vitamin-based creams: There are creams that have proven to treat pimples. Just take note that if you are planning to buy creams to treat your pimples, make sure that it contains active ingredients like zinc or retinol.
- Tea tree oil: Research shows that tea tree oil is more effective in eliminating acne by 3.5 times. It is also 5.75 times effective in preventing a pimple outbreak.
- Cleansers: There are non-soap cleansers that are said to treat pimples and acne. They might be even better than traditional soap.
- Ice packs: If you are looking for a cheaper way to remove pimples, you can use this. Studies show that ice can be a great way to reduce pain and inflammation. It can even work on hard pimples.
- Warm compress: If you are not a fan of ice packs, you can try warm compress instead. This will help in softening the spot so that pus in the pimple can come out. This method can also help in blinding the pimple.
- Ointments and creams: In the event that you cannot find vitamin-based creams, you can opt to try ointments and creams. Be sure that these have sulfur, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide.
The most important thing that you should take note is that you should never pop pimples. Doing this will lead to:
- Bigger pimples
- More dirt into your pores
- Higher risk of infection
In case the pimple is not removed after doing the abovementioned ways, you can immediately head to your doctor. He or she will be the one to remove the pimple in an effective and safe way. The doctor can drain it or use a corticosteroid injection.
Of course, once the pimple is removed, you need to make a way to prevent it. The best solution to do that is to make sure that the skin has less oil. You can try doing the following to prevent having pimples:
- Select the best products: In choosing facial or make-up products, you need to see if the labels are oil-free and gentle for the skin. These are called noncomedogenic and would really help you prevent having pimples.
- Avoid touching your face: There can be times when you just want to touch your face. That is understandable. But if your hand has oil or dirt, then that is not advisable. What you can do is to avoid touching any part of your face as much as possible.
- Wash your hair: Oil can also come from your hair. There can be times when your hair will reach your face so the oil has the tendency to be passed on your face, resulting in having pimples. So always wash your hair to make sure it is not oily and clean.
- Wash regularly: Not only the hair should be washed, but also your face. You can use a gentle cleanser to open your pores. This can then prevent your dead skin cells from building up in your skin. Also, washing your face will keep bacteria away.
Anyone can have acne and pimples. In fact, around 80% of people between the ages of 11 to 30 can experience a pimple outbreak. There are different types of pimples, some are big while others are hard and difficult to remove.
But you should not worry. There are different ways you can remove your pimples. There are even those that can be done at home. Just make sure that you check the treatment carefully before doing it. You may even ask help from your doctor to be sure.
In addition, it would be helpful as well to know the different causes of pimples. This way, you know how to prevent having pimples. Most of the time, pimples are caused by excess oil and dirt. So be sure that your hair and face are washed regularly.