Vitamin E is an important fat-soluble antioxidant that naturally occurs in foods like nuts and green leafy vegetables that helps the body in neutralizing the harmful aftereffect of oxidation of fats. Some studies found that vitamin E can help to minimize the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and has a characteristic to prevent chronic diseases. Vitamin E can also slow down the aging of the skin and it is also good for the heart.
Foods Rich In Vitamin E
Almonds are considered the best vitamin E source. It contains 7.4 milligrams of vitamin E per serving that you need every day. The best source of almond vitamin E is almond milk or almond oil.
Raw seeds like sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds are rich in vitamin E. According to research eating ¼ cup of sunflower seeds you can get at least 90.5% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin E.
Swiss chard is one of those healthy vegetables that you are allowed to eat daily since it cannot cause harm to your health. Aside from high vitamin E, Swiss chard is also high in vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C. One cup of boiled Swiss chard will give you 17% of the recommended amount f vitamin E per day.
This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and vitamins. It contains folate, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. 1 cup of boiled mustard green can give you at least 14% of vitamin E dietary requirements.
Spinach is the less favorite among vegetables but little we know that spinach has a lot of health benefits for us. Aside from being one of the best vitamin E provider spinach is also high in folate and calcium. 1 cup of boiled spinach can provide you the 20% vitamin E you need in a day.
Turnip green or Green turnip contains 12% of the vitamin E you need in a day. This vegetable has a slightly bitter taste but healthy. Aside from vitamin E turnip green contain vitamin k, vitamin A and vitamin C.
It’s advisable to eat kale often because it’s a great cruciferous vegetable. Like other green leafy vegetable kale contain a lot of nutrients and vitamins. Just 1 cup of boiled kale you can get 6 % of vitamin E you need for a day.
Plant oils like wheat germ oils are the best source of vitamin E that come from plant oil. Just one teaspoon of wheat germ oil contains 100% of vitamin E you need for a day. If you don’t like wheat germ oil sunflower oil is an option for you. You can use sunflower oil in cooking and contain 5 grams of vitamin E you need a day.
One hazelnut will provide approximately 20% of vitamin E you need a day. Hazelnut is a perfect snack while watching a movie after work or while reading books while relaxing.
one serving of pine peanut consist of 2.6 mg of vitamin E which s not bad as a source of vitamin E. Pine peanut oil is also healthy for your meal plan.
Avocado is one of the creamiest fruit and full of vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin E and good fats. Half of the avocado consists of 2 grams of vitamin E. Avocado is simple you can just it without any add on but if you want it to make it more delicious it’s up to you.
Broccoli is considered as one of the best detox vegetables. Broccolis provide 4% of the vitamin E you need for a day.
You can get 17% of vitamin E you need for a day by just eating papaya. Papaya is also the best source of vitamin C. Fresh papaya is the best choice and you can also make a smoothie from papaya healthy and refreshing.
By eating 1 cup of olives you can get at least 20 % of vitamin E you need a day. You include olive in your salad to make it healthier.
Parsley is a great source of vitamin E. Fresh parsley is best than dried parsley. You can add parsley to your salad to make it healthier and delicious.
Vitamin E benefits
- Balance cholesterol: Cholesterol is naturally produced by the liver to help the cells to function properly. Vitamin E can balance cholesterol because when cholesterol oxidizes it’s dangerous that can cause thickening of the arteries that may result in a heart attack.
- Prevent disease development and fight free radicals: Free radicals can kill healthy cells by breaking them down if this will happen our body is at risk of developing the different diseases. But eating foods rich in vitamin E will be prevented since vitamin E has this capacity to make the body increase immunity that will prevent illness and diseases.
- Makes skin healthier and repair skin damage: Vitamin E has the capacity of treating the capillary walls of the skin and makes it more elastic and moisture. Vitamin E acts as natural anti-aging in your body that can make your skin look younger and almost wrinkle-free. Taking vitamin E with vitamin C will fight inflammation of the skin and even acne.
- Make hair thick: Because of the antioxidant content of vitamin E, it can be used as a hair threatening agent. It can make your scalp healthy and promote circulation in the scalp area that can make your hair thicker and healthier.
- Balance hormones: Vitamin E has a very important role in balancing the endocrine and nervous system of the body. Vitamin E can help to maintain the balance of hormones. If your hormones are balanced you won’t gain weight easily and you will maintain your normal menstrual cycle.
- Helps to manage PMS symptoms: Eating foods high in vitamin E can help to reduce the symptoms of PMS such as cramping, cravings, and anxiety.
Eating healthy food will keep you away from diseases and illnesses. It’s not easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle but you should make yourself free from free radicals.